Monday, November 22, 2010

Au Gratin Potatoes

I've been sorting through our Germany pictures and every time I see the Hofbrauhaus potatoes in one of them my mouth begins to water. I browsed around for a quick recipe and found a pretty good one..


I do my best to capture how good it is with my little camera but I hope to have a better camera by December hehe.. 
This recipe is actually a video tutorial I found at Food Network from Aaron McCargo "Big Daddy's House."


AU GRATIN POTATOES

Ingredients:
8 tbsp. (1 stick)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups of milk
1/2 cup grated yellow Cheddar
1/4 cup grated American cheese
1/4 cup grated White cheddar
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 tsp. black pepper
3 lbs. russet potatoes, washed and scrubbed, peeled and sliced thin

Au Gratin:
1 stick butter, melted
2 cups panko bread crumbs
2 tsp smoky paprika

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
In large sauce pot over medium high heat, add butter. Stir in the flour until pasty. Add milk; stir to remove lumps and let cook for 6 minutes until it gets thick. Lower heat and add the cheese, bouillon, nutmeg and black pepper. Whisk until well combined and sauce thickens, approximately 4 minutes. Remove from heat.


In a bowl, combine butter, panko and smokey paprika. Stir well.

Place potatoes into a casserole dish. Pour cheese over potatoes and sprinkle au gratin on top. Wrap with foil and bake in the oven for 35 to 45 minutes. Remove foil and cook for 10 minutes uncovered. Allow to sit for 10 minutes... AND SHE IS READY TO EAT.. 


I cant wait to go back to Germany one day and have these all over again.. 
but for now these will work :)
ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE A COMMENT

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips